AMIK offers its members a consulting service to help in the elaboration of Research and Development (R&D) projects, as well as providing access to its numerous contacts in the Fishing and Agri-food industries.
The creation of R&D projects socioeconomic benefits and business diversification in Innu communities. One of the main objectives of AMIK’s R&D department is to always be on the lookout for new ideas, new technologies, new products and new trends in the Agri-food industry.
As requested by the communities, AMIK offers technical and scientific support for different phases of project development, including: literature searches, identification of potential partners, grant applications, analysis and administrative follow-up.
“Innovation is a key element in allowing businesses to remain competitive and conquer highly volatile markets. Trends evolve, changes are afoot, new ideas come to life and great challenges await us. The future belongs to those who innovate.”
Annie Gallant, Research and Development Manager
For more information on AMIK’s Research and Development department, please contact Annie Gallant, Research and Development Manager.
Examples of Achievements:
- Product Traceability: Lobster and Sea Urchin (2016-2017)
- Product Traceability: Scallop, Snow Crab and Whelk (2015-2016)
- Research on a New Seafood Conservation Method, HPH (Hydrostatic High Pressure) (2014-2016)
- Research on the Mechanization of Scallop Fishing (2012-2016)
- Research on Fishery by-Products (2013)
- Creation of the Keshken Certification (2011-2013), Awarded in January 2014